Updated: Sep 30, 2018
• Update lighting fixtures. Installing new lighting is one of the most economical facelifts you can give your property. Outdated fixtures make your property feel outdated to buyers.
• Install new light bulbs. Make sure to use the correct wattage for the light fix- ture.
• Install new toilets if the current ones are old & damaged.
• Clean windows both inside and outside.
• Repair broken windows.
• Make sure windows slide on tracks easily.
• Wash window screens and replace damaged ones.
• Update blinds if current ones are old & damaged.
• Repair/replace the garbage disposal if needed.
• Repair or update the faucets in sinks and bathrooms, including shower heads.
Consider hiring a professional to clean your property. Their fees are reasonable and it frees you up to take care of other matters. Do your cleaning AFTER you have made repairs, upgrades, painting, etc. This will ensure you cleaning is not ruined by the dust of repairs and upgrades.
Written by: 2016 Consumer's Guide To Real Estate Staging